Please note: This blog is no longer active. My new blog is located at http://blog.timwheeler.io

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Heading “Libraries” automatically added through content import

Problem

When exporting and importing a single Document Library using the Import-SPWeb command, the Heading "Libraries" is automatically added to the site navigation if it is not there. Exporting then re importing to the same site or another site always adds the heading. Seems to be no option to stop this behaviour.

clip_image001

Solution

As I don’t want the heading Libraries to be added I guess I can either delete them manually or build a PowerShell script that moves through all the SPWebs and deletes them.  Not a great solution and this really should be controlled via parameters on Import-SPWeb.  Hey Microsoft, can you sort that for me please?  Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete